Current Affairs Headlines Of the Day
Staring with Today Current Affairs Headlines
1) The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a new plan called Dhan Sanchay. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨ It is a non-linked, non-participating, individual savings life insurance plan that provides both protection and savings.
▪️Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) :-
➨Founder – Government of India
➨Founded – 1 September 1956
➨Headquarters – Mumbai
➨Chairperson – M R Kumar
2) Madhya Pradesh clinched their first ever Ranji Trophy title, defeating 41-time champions Mumbai in the final at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
3) Former chairman of government-owned Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) V Krishnamurthy, passed away at the age of 97. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨He was the Chairman of SAIL from 1985 to 1990.
➨The Industry veteran had also been the chairman of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), Maruti Udyog, and GAIL.
4) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy-led cabinet approved the proposal of Adani Green Energy Limited for setting up pumped hydro storage projects, with a total capacity to generate 3,700 MW of power, at four different locations in the state.
▪️Andhra Pradesh :-
➨CM – Jaganmohan Reddy
➨Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
➨ Venkateswara Temple
➨Sri Bhramramma Mallikarjuna Temple
5) Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Ministry of Fisheries, Animal husbandry and Dairying launched the “One-Health approach”. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨It will bring stakeholders from animal, human and environment health on a common platform to address the challenges.
6) Kerala Government will roll out MEDISEP scheme– the medical insurance scheme for State Government employees, pensioners and their eligible family members from 1st July, 2022. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨The scheme will provide cashless medical assistance with a comprehensive coverage up to 3 lakhs per year.
▪️ Kerala :-
➠Idukki Dam on Periyar River
➠Kumarakom National Park
➠Anamudi Shola National Park
➠Eravikulam National Park
➠Silent Valley National Park
7) The Appointments Committee of the central cabinet approved the appointment of IPS officer of 1988-batch Himachal Pradesh cadre, Tapan Kumar Deka, as the director of Intelligence Bureau.
▪️ Intelligence Bureau :-
Headquarters: New Delhi
Director : Arvind Kumar
Parent agency: Ministry of Home Affairs
8) Zomato Ltd has announced the acquisition of Blink Commerce (or Blinkit), earlier known as Grofers India.
9) India’s Ronaldo Singh has brought glory to the country in Cycling. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨The Cycling Champion scripted history by winning Silver in the sprint event at the Asian Cycling Championships 2022.
10) Jammu and Kashmir will host the 2023 meetings of the G20, an influential group of the world’s major economies.
➨J&K government has set up a five-member high-level committee for overall coordination of G20 meetings to be held in the Union Territory.
▪️ Jammu and Kashmir :-
➨L. Governor of J&K – Manoj Sinha
➨Rajparian Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Hirapora Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dachigam National Park
➨Salim Ali National Park
11) The people of Goa celebrated the Sao Joao festival, the feast of St John the Baptist with traditional enthusiasm after a two-year coronavirus-induced gap.
12) The World MSME Day is observed annually on June 27. The United Nations General Assembly had in April 2017 designated June 27 as World MSME Day. (Must Read Current Affairs)
➨This year the theme of World MSME Day is “Resilience and Rebuilding: MSMEs for Sustainable Development”.
13) The chief executive of India Resurgence Asset Reconstruction Company (IRARC), Avinash Kulkarni, has been selected to head the India Debt Resolution Company (IDRCL).
Read more Current Affairs
Current Affairs of 9th July 2022
Follow Us on Instagram
1 thought on “Current Affairs 10th July 2022”